Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Sprint

Got up today and did my running again without stopping. It felt a bit more difficult I think because I am really sore from yesterday. I hope that means my upper body muscles are growing and repairing themselves. I only ran for distance today, not time, so stopped at about 20:52 with a distance of 1.51 miles but that's because I wanted to pace out another route to practice the sprinting portion of the test.

I walked through my apartment complex and over to the frontage road by NI because there is a nice, straight gravel path there. I wasn't sure just how far 300 meters would be but after pacing it out with my app (I was able to just switch over to km from miles), it seemed doable. But, though I got a good start running back, I quickly lost steam. My body just sort of gave up and I wasn't able to run it in 109 seconds. I think I probably can but was just tapped for today.

300 meter sprint track
I walked back to my apartment and tried to do some ab work but didn't get very far. I was able to do my 21 sit-ups and two 30 second planks then 24 crunches but that was it. This afternoon I started researching a push-up improvement plan and I think I have found a good one. It's called one hundred push ups and is a six week plan to get better at push-ups. I will be doing this along with weight training. Tomorrow, I will try the initial test to see how many push-ups I can do though I suspect it's still zero.