Friday, June 29, 2012

Game Warden Interview

Well, I had my interview today up in Temple (since I live in region 9) and I think it went okay but not great, although I'll admit it was very hard to read the three wardens on my interview panel. They did a great job of remaining stoic and keeping their poker faces. I think I answered most of the questions well but I'm pretty sure I bombed at least one of them. I've been told that it's to my advantage being a woman since they don't get a lot of female applicants; I guess we'll see!

I'm not allowed to discuss the questions or the process though it went about how I thought it would. I'm still nervous because even if I get past this stage, I still can't do 13 push-ups and I didn't want to ask the interview panel about that. I will keep working out and trying my best to get stronger; then if I make it to the physical fitness test, I'll give it all I've got and hope for the best. At least I can do the other portions of the test. (Well, I haven't tried the handgun part, but I think I can do it.)